Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fish finals


During finals week the Corps was essentially on hold and we were allowed to do whatever we wanted. One thing I wanted to be able to do was study in bed. For this I needed something to prop my back against so I wedged this piece of plywood up there as a makeshift headboard.


David Johnson tries out my new invention.


The Corps did not allow freshmen to study in bed because they were afraid that they would just fall asleep - as Bryan Todd aptly demonstrates here.


But I had my own methods for getting comfortable while studying during the regular semester.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Thomas. Though what's with the dixie flag above your bed? drop and give me a thousand.

Yndo '85

Mike Thomas said...

Howdy, Steve!
Great to hear from you!

As for the flag, at the time I was oblivious to the idea that anyone would be offended by it. I just thought it was kind of cool and I took advantage of the fact that I had one. Heck, that was back when the Dukes of Hazzard was one of the top shows on TV, Alabama was at the top of the country charts and long before they made a fuss over the flag hanging above the capitol in South Carolina.
I wasn't putting it up there to be rebellious by any means.